Ah summer, you were lovely while you were here (two whole weeks!) but now we’re thinking about getting our snow shoes on and having a winter adventure!
- Aspen, USA: Of course Aspen had to be on our list! A contender for the skiing capital of the world and it’s absolutely stunning! You can take part in ice climbing, snowmobiling (which looks fantastic), snowshoe tours and even dog sled tours! Check out Aspen Snowmass for more info – because seriously? Wow! http://www.stayaspensnowmass.com/activities/winter
- Courchevel 1850, France: This is actually part of the ski resort in Saint-Bon-Tarentaise in the stunning French Alps. Courchevel is the largest linked ski area in the world, so a definite must for anyone looking to get some good ski action! Also, it’s pretty high at 5,732 feet so adrenaline junkies will love it.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland: Of course if snowboarding is more your thing, St. Moritz may be the place for you. There is plenty of room and snow to give you the freedom to twist and curve your way down the stunning region – but of course, you can grab an old fashioned sledge and whiz down one of their official sledge runs.
- Dolomites, Italy: If you’re wanting equal parts amazing skiing and sumptuous food, you can’t really go wrong with Italy. With guaranteed snow, a huge expanse to explore, and a huge choice of activities such as ice skating, snow shoeing, and tobogganing, who wouldn’t want to go there? Also, it’s Italy – therefore there’s the best pizza in the world!
- Chamonix, France: The ultimate winter activity holiday. Not only are you right beside Mont Blanc but you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to what you want to do first. From skiing to paragliding these guys do it. You can even try your hand at some winter mountaineering if you’re really brave.
Don’t forget you can save 10% with our code BLOG2014 when you spend £35 online!
Maybe winter isn’t so bad afterall…